Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Growing up happens in a heartbeat

The other day I was looking for DVD sets for TV shows. And I found

The Wonder Years.

Have you seen this show? Probably one of the most complete TV shows ever. It was a sitcom, but it was filmed with movie cameras instead of TV cameras, and, although there was comedy in it, it was not all about it, it was about the drama of coming of age. Maybe I'm just being hyperbolic, but I haven't seen another show with a narrator, have you? It just makes it very dramatic and very close to you.

Anyway. I wish I could buy the seasons, although they're not as expensive as I expected, I cannot get it right now. You can click HERE to check it.

In one of the websites I also found the very last lines of the series:

Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers, the next day you're gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of other houses, a yard like a lot of other yards, on a street like a lot of other streets... And the thing is, after all these years, I still look back... with wonder.

I wish I could go back and live it all over again.

No comments: