Friday, January 13, 2006

Toda la Ternura. by Nicole Cecilia Delgado

(All the Tenderness)

Hi. It is not common for me to publish/post poetry here, and even less so poems that are not mine. As I have said: I'm a poetry-hater, (I'm more of a story kind of person) but sometimes I get an interesting idea that there is no other way of putting down if it is not on a poem. But that's not the case today.

The other day I went to derivas.net (a blog-like literary online magazine) and found the Poem you are about to read (original and translated version, of course). I read it and found it so tender and so simple, and it looks so small, and unimportant and fragile on the page... but after you read it you find the power in words, the power in being direct, simple, and true. The size of the poem has to do with the subject, and title. Here goes: Thanks to Nicole for lending it to us, and for writing it.



Toda la Ternura

por: Nicole Cecilia Delgado


Me gusta cuando empiezas a sobarme-

toda la ternura que te cabe en la cabeza
y también, sin querer
la que no sabes posible

evidente y expuesta
en el gesto valiente que te acerca
a mi vulnerabilidad





All the Tenderness

by: Nicole Celicilia Delgado


I like when you start to caress me--

all the tenderness that fits in your head
and also, unconsciously
the one you don't know possible

evident and exposed
in the brave gesture that moves you closer
to my vulnerability


No comments: