Friday, June 09, 2006

San Juan, numbered, part 1

Ok. So, I copied the idea for this from Kaiser Cube post at Supercilicious. But I always wanted to do something like this, I just forgot... so then, I was reminded that I wanted to do this... Although he did it of his work place (which he copied from someone else) I'll do it of the city.

1. Laguna de Condado. It sounds sort of like Laguna Beach. I've never been in these waters, they're too dark for my taste (also I'm prejudiced against anything that has to do with lagunas...), but some people do jet sky here...

2. Baldorioty de Castro Expressway. The snakey, lagoon-side, green-medianed road that leads to the airport and to Carolina ina... (it stops being green after a while).

3. Hmm, I wonder what this place is... I shall go there. I will unlock that mystery (mystery to me, of course). Looks like a resting area of sorts... Don't know. Never been there.

4. Miramar. This is Miramar. Just some of the oldest parts in San Juan, after Old San Juan. Miramar means, "look at the sea".

5. Condado. This is the area of Condado, it's a strech of land with hotels at both sides of a very narrow two-laned avenue. Sounds like traffic jam country. It is. Though usually it moves fast. Very posh area, many clubs, bars, and nightlife. I, just like the hotels... But, if the ice in the poles melt, this is the first place to go.

6. Ocean Park. Ocean park was a place that thrived with prostitution once (or so I'm told). Notice that it is devoid of any palm trees... I went by the other night and "they" have planted some... Now, we'll have shade. woohoo.

7. Those two buildings there are the equivalent of the NY twin towers, although, not even a third as tall... Behind them the Museo de Puerto Rico (not visible).

8. Ok. You must zoom in to see the red/terracotta roof... I like to think that that roof is my old high school. Oh high school, carefree times... I remember walking from there all the way to the beach (Condado) at least three times... How long did it take? Beats me... Time flashes by when you're in good company.

9. You must also zoom in to "clearly" see number 9... you see the long, horizontal line? Well, I think that is the Teodoro Moscoso Bridge, it leads to the airport, and it is the longest bridge over water (if not over anything else) in Puerto Rico... Nothing fancy about it tho.

10. These mountains, even though they look close, are very very very far away, they are the El Yunque Rainforest (I think) or at least the first few brushes of it...

11. Notices the blue sky? And the whiteness of the clouds? Yes, I noticed too. That's why it has a freaking number!

Thanks for reading. And if you can point something out in the pictures just tell!
(more of these are coming soon)

1 comment:

Kahlúa Macarena said...

i can't see the numbers!!! vas a tener que ponerle los números más grandes, o más brillantes... no terminé de leer el post por eso... :o(

btw, people jet ski, not jet sky (unless they do it in the sky...) :oP

(ya caí en mi mode... tarde o temprano a todo el mundo le toca mi tinta roja... es una compulsión... sorry!) :o\