Sunday, December 03, 2006

Crazy/Beautiful and other crazynesses

Watch this picture. (click for larger view).
Do you see the awesomeness of it? Do you see the piercings? I myself don't like piercings, but in that picture they look sooo great!


Now, watch this other crazyness.Do you see what I see? (that reminds me of a Christmas song). If what you see is a carving of someone's SKIN!!, then you're right! My gosh, I never thought I would see voluntary "skin carvings", it just baffles my mind! BUT, this "carving" looks so tidy, so clean, so artistic that I almost want it, but nooo, I won't get it. I ask myself why would people do this to themselves? I'm not judging, just in case; although I want to judge badly, but I can't, because it looks fucking great! Dude, just look at that design! From an artistic perspective is great, it's awesome, if it were a tatoo I wouldn't have a problem! I mean, I don't have a problem with it being a SKIN carving! My problem is with the pain that it must have taken to make it! Imagine the pain of a tatoo, mixed with the pain of grinding your skin on pavement as you fall from a running motorcicle (I'm sure is not as brutal as that example, but I may not be far from truth either). The artistic technique is flawless: look at the depht of the cut, at the pressicion of the edges, at the finnesse of the angles, at the clean look, at the details of the design... Dang. I can't stop looking at it.

This "skin carving", for all who don't know, is made so that when the skin heals, it will leave a scar, ergo a scar in the shape of a butterfly. I really would love to see the end result of it, (not to mention pictures of the healing process (I would imagine oozing puss, some bleeding and itching scabs)). Awesome concept. Nasty pain.

I found this while I was surfing through blogs:
http://modblog.bmezine.com/page/4/
Be warned though, it is not for the faint of heart, nor the weak of stomach; parental discression adviced and most importantly, mental discression advice aaaand openmindedness! Some pictures will make you shiver! But some others are reaaaally just awesome.

9 comments:

Kahlúa Macarena said...

aaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

El Ácrata said...

I wouldn't do it to myself but it's so pretty though the trail of the scar won't look like that

theblogmachine said...

jajjjjajjaja esos sites me tripean una amiga mía compraba una revista de eso jajajajaaja gente masoquista...

ARD said...

Wow, qué impresionante! Nunca había visto un skin carving, me duele de verlo!!!!!

J O E L said...

kalhúa, qué pasó?

guili, y cómo se va a ver?

blogma, sí, pero qué bien se ven algunos de esos tatuajes... eh!

annette, duele sí

theblogmachine said...

Yo no digo que no se vea bien, verlo me parece súper interesante. :)

Kahlúa Macarena said...

ay, es que ví los piercings y skin carvings en el site ese, y me duele de mirarlos... ¡qué asco! no puedo, no puedo... aaaaagggghhhh!!!!

Zen said...

Wor...super interesante en verdad. El skin carving se ve lindo pero NOT FOR ME!!!

La Caribeña said...

Ouch! De verdad que hay que ser masoquista para someterse a eso.