Saturday, December 23, 2006

On picky men, on survival from disorientation, on retarded jeans, on economic recess, and on sleepy contradictions.

Men are as picky/choosy with their clothes as women are. Evidence of this is the fact that you see them in Zara, or in Guess, or in Banana Republic, or (I forget the other expensive/chic store in Plaza) buying an sorting clothes; I saw them today, as I shopped for Christmas. It was interesting. (And the fact that I finally went inside Zara and Guess made it a little bit more shocking).

Talking about Guess, and Plaza las Américas (largest mall in the Caribbean for those puertorricanly-impared)... I got lost... well, not lost, but disoriented... at the hall between JC Penny, and Macy's, somehow I thought I was heading east (towards the main entrance), but I was actually going south (towards Macy's). I don't know how it happened, I went into those stores that I never go, just to look around, and when I finally realize where I was, the map in my head straightened... it made me dizzy, but I survived.

Talking about that hall.... There is a store there called: Lucky Brand Jeans, goshdangit, a pair of jeans in there cost 138 frigging dollars!!! Can you believe it? Would you pay that much for them? Hell no. Talk about uberduper recontrarchi supercalifragilistupidly retarded. I'd rather buy 4 at $20 a piece, in different colors and styles for every day off of the week!

Talking about expensive shit... Puerto Rico is in a slight (although many would argue that adjective) economic recession, but people still walk around the mall with three to five bags full of stuff.

Talking about people without money... I was one of those walking around with two or three bags. Now I'm sleepy, goodbye. Or should I play with my new Nintengo Wii? Nah, I must sleep, I have huuuge ojeras.

3 comments:

Yuliana said...

Plaza Las Américas es un campo de batalla...

J O E L said...

I knoww... hay que ir vestido de armadura y con un escudo pa esquivar la gente.

Iva said...

especialmente en estos días de especiales post-navideños...