Thursday, August 25, 2005

The day I rode the train

If you are depressed, just ride the train. It'll make everything a whole lot better.

I dont know why. Maybe ive been wanting to ride this train for too long (the train has been in construction for like 7 years now), or maybe is just something else. When i rode the train this Monday i found that everything was going to be ok.

Puertoricans will sarcastically say to me: "of course, the train is going to make everyones life and everything a lot better" (because altho it is a good system, the construction was super expensive, and some of the stations are located in questionable places, instead of in a place with more flow of people...).

I care not. When i rode the train I looked out the window, I saw my home from a different angle, and I saw that it was very pretty from up there. And I smiled. I hadnt smile with such gratefullness and passion in the days before, remember i was (am) still grieving my depart from Orlando. But I thought, I could get used to this.

The trip was so smooth and quiet, except when the track has a curve, thats when it gets bumpy and noisy. It made me remember the subway in New York. The stations are so dirty, hot and old, but they are so efficient. I wondered if our train will ever get like that. Sooner or later the buzz will stop and the goverment is not going to care anymore... (right now they care because it was so expensive to build). But I will see it decay, lights out, roofcovers dangling, rusted beams, trash on the track... That day will be sad. But when i get into the train and ride, when i see the ceilings, the top of the trees, it will all be worthwhile.

2 comments:

Isabel Batteria said...

Joel Buki, me gustó este post (aunque es el único que he leído hasta ahora) porque siento tu vacío. Me ha pasado muchas veces.

Puse tu página en mis links de mi blog personal. Míralo. Ahí publico basura que no es fit enough para Derivas, pero es divertido. isabelbatteria.blogspot.com

J O E L said...

Isabel, yo tengo tu blog hace tieeeempo en mis Bookmarks. :)

Ah, y gracias por comentar. hehe. Me da algo qué hacer.