Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Herores: Back on Track (we'll see for how long)

Well, as you may have seen, last Tuesday I posted a very demeaning post about the new NBC show: Heroes. Yes, I said it was dull, insipid, slow and faltering... (if you haven't read the post, click HERE).

And I still stand by those very strong words, because last week's episode was totally stupid. Now, today, was a completely diametrical experience. Very nice point-counterpoint story structure, well made, and concise: they took only three characters and made CLIMAXES for them. Oh, my gosh! I NEEDED these baaaad.

Did you notice the difference? I mean, I even felt it, I got goosebumps, I screamed with joy. Why the hell didn't they do this on the stupidly retarded previous episode? Gosh. Did you notice the suspence? I'm so excited that I can't contain it. I'll make a list:

GREAT MOMENTS on Nov. 13th's episode of HEROES

1. Best character introduction since HIRO's, the girl at the Texas diner: she was great, quirky and charming, and Hiro was with her, you couldn't possibly go wrong with him (except on the previous episode).

2. Heartfelt conversation between the guy who hears people's thoughts (I forget his name) and Ted (the radioactive/firey guy), and did you feel the tension in that? He was going to boil the water and make everything explode... We neeeeeded THAT tension. IIII needed that tension...

3. Mohinder dreams of a creepy boy, whom of which we know nothing of, nor if he is real or imaginary (for Mohinder and his father (or maybe I lost that part because I took too long in the bathroom)), but did you notice the mystery?!!! Mystery! I can't believe we have mystery now.

4. Creepy guy with the watch... everybody says it recalls things from "the cigarette smoking man" from the X-files, I think it is a cliché put to good use then... Mystery #2.

5. What is Eden's secret with the cheerleader's father? What is her power? I thought that was well developed, unlike Peter Petrelli's obsession with flying, which already tires... Mystery #3 & 4

6. Hiro's vanishing into the past. Awesome. And then, counting until five and he doesn't come back! My gosh!



STUPID MOMENTS in this episode

1. The conversation between Mohinder and that hindu girl: "We didn't say hello", she says. "Hello [whatever the fuck your name was]", Mohinder says. "Hello, Mohinder". I was like: it can't get any cornier.

2. I don't think there was a second stupid moment.



HOOK's for the next episode (there are so many)

1. Scroll up and, find mystery number 1, 2, 3 and 4.

2. What did Adrian (Adrian's his name?) paint?!

3. Will the cop leave his cheating wife? Or will he forgive her?

4. Are these "heroes" made? Because they have marks on their bodies... hmm

5. What the fuck happened to Hiro?! Will he save the promising character of the waitress? (I hope he does [I hope the writers do!]).


Wasn't that the best ending? The imminence of the cheerleader's peril... Ted's prison break with a blast... The cop's love triangle... Mohinder's stupidity redeemed (that was my thought, sorry)... and Hiro's friend waiting in despair for him... There was some poetry there too... I can't believe they made it up to me (us!). But... for how long?

The best thing, though, is this:
I said to myself: why doesn't Hiro go back in time to rescue the girl? He can certainly do it. And then he says: "I should go back in time and save her", and I'm like, yes!, but then I also go: he's just too afraid to use his power, or he doesn't know how to use them right; and then Hiro says: "If I am too afraid to use my powers, then I don't deserve them", and I was like: he's reading my mind tooo!!!

I can't wait for next Monday. We'll see what happens!

9 comments:

Lori said...

He's name is Isaac, the painter dude.

And the Hiro thing was made even more awesome, when they showed the picture in the bulletin of him and the girl, that was taken before that day because it was a polaroid.

And the tension about whether Claire's dad is evil or not (I still think he is).

Plus, Peter's power is cool but he needs to stop thinking he can only fly. He can do everything as long as he is around somebody with "everything" as a power.

Hiro rocks my socks!

Lori said...

"He's name is Isaac, the painter dude." What sort of moron am I?

HIS name is Isaac.

carol said...

Todavía no he visto Heroes, iba a buscar a ver que días era pero se me olvidó, total no hubiera podido verlo hoy comoquiera. El único programa nuevo que estoy siguiendo ahora mismo es Dexter, cada episodio se pone mejor.

Kahlúa Macarena said...

no leí todo el post porque no he visto el episodio todavía (está en el tivo). paré de leer en *suspense... ;o)

cuando lo vea te comento... a ver si me emociona tanto como a tí...

Iva said...

yo no tengo tivo! así que tampoco terminé de leer...pero lo veré este viernes en scifi..wiiii!

carol - estoy de acuerdo contigo. cada episodio de dexter se pone mejor y mejor y mejor.

J O E L said...

oye... Iva y Carol, qué es eso de Dexter?
cuéntenme

Kalhúa, y cómo es eso del Tivo? Vale la pena? AH, y qué bueno que no leiste más, porque te lo iba a "spoileriar" bien fuerte...

Iguana, a to el mundo le pasa eso, jaja... Hiro debe ser el personaje principal (y creo que ellos [escritores] se están dando cuenta)

Kahlúa Macarena said...

ok... ya lo ví... heh... me siento igual. ¡qué frustración! es que me desespera que todo se quede siempre en el limbo... una oportunidad más. sólo para ver qué rayos va a pasar con la cheerleader...

ah, el tivo... tú vida no será la misma después de tivo. digo tivo, como quien dice kleenex no importa la marca. mi equipo es marca panasonic, y el servivio lo da replay tv, pero hace lo mismo que tivo. check it out.

yikes! wv of the day: owkdlkzup

said...

waka waka waka..esa serie esta bn buena...yo no la habia visto hasta el pasado viernes y de veras qu te mantiene pagao' al televisor :):) claro, aproveche los anuncios para que me explicaran lo que habia sucedido en capitulos anteriores..

RPGdude said...

El episodio estuvo super cabron pero ahora tienen el peso del mundo en el next episode pq han hecho el mega buildup durante todo el season. Si quieres tivo te lo recomiendo, es la best thing ever created by men.