Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Hypocrisy vs. Lies

A dilema rose up inside me: "Good, I'm not a hypocrite, but what is of me when I lie?"

What is the difference between one and the other? One has to do with the way we act, and the other with the things we say. Can you be a liar without being hypocrite? Or viceversa? It's not like I lie on a minute by minute basis (and studying a masters degree on creative writing doesn't help), but who doesn't lie?


Oh, gosh, I post this on Valentines day, how depressing...

(or on the other hand, posting it today is kinda clever...)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

vaya... este dia de san valentin sera bien porqueria... deja ver si le doy el walkie talkie a la nena

Lyllia said...

Pienso que la hipocresia es un nivel elevado de mentira con una dosis de maldad.

Kahlúa Macarena said...

entiendo tu línea de pensamiento. la hipocresía no puede existir sin la mentira. ¿dónde caerían las mentiritas blancas? ¿hipocresía o lástima? :o|

¡feliz día del amor! :o)