Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The mother of all knots

Imagine yourself in a graduation gown. Remember the thing that hangs from your squared hat? (How is it called? someone please...) Ok. Now, imagine lots of those clingy, strandy things just knotted together. Like ten of them. Like ten of thousands of them... How knotted together? Well, imagine that you put them in one of those nets and then put it in the washing machine. And, after that, in the dryer... That is how knotted they are.

In my power I have a blanket that has those little threads on the edges. My mother washed it in in the washing machine, and they got knotted together. And then she said that "I" did it; because I changed the clothes from the washer to the drier. I said: "It could have happened in the washer..." She just didn't say anything, gave me the blanket and politely (and there is no sarcasm on that adjective... no, really there is not) asked me to untie the threads. I've been working on it for the past week. It is a nice blanket, pretty; that is why I do it.

<---- This is the knot.





This is how it has to look.----->

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohmigosh, superb blog! best yet!! I love how you ended it today, and the photographic touch. Think the graduation cap is called a tassle, unless it has some "official and important" title specific to graduation caps. I guess you were saying they were analogous to your blanket's tassles. so yeah, my point is: they're tassles. Tassle tassle razzle dazzle.